Day two just wrapped and all we can say is “wow!”. Remember, you can still grab a ticket (up until Friday, Jan 30). If you missed a day, you can simply watch the replays back on your own schedule. Right now those replays are live and ready for you to view, assuming you bought a ticket that is. 🙂
11am est – Mark Coker
We started the morning with Smashwords founder Mark Coker. Mark presented a session called “Hit the Bestseller Lists with Ebook Preorders“. Here are some notes from the presentation.
- Sat and sunday’s are the biggest ebook selling days. Most large pub release on Tues, so do a different day.
- Consider a monday release to max odds of nyt/usa today placement
- Consider early in month release to max odd of hitting smash publishers weekly list
- Holidays can be strong too, but not “sit-down” holidays like Christmas
- Assetless preorders on sw is coming soon! Exclusive invite from mark
- Provided a preorder checklist to follow
- Most authors aren’t doing preorders yet so you have a huge advantage
1pm est – Bryan Cohen
Bryan Cohen talked Facebook events for authors in his presentation entitled “How to Run a Multi-Author Facebook Event“. Here are some notes:
- Don’t be scared it’s worth it!
- Try to pick books similar to yours, but also that have over 10 reviews and an average 4 star rating
- You want to find books that can be discounted to 99 cents
- Easier to pitch to indie authors because they don’t need permission from trad pub
- Shoot for BIG names, you never know who is going to say yes
- You will probably have a 33% success rate with attracting authors so contact a lot! You’ll want no more than 20 in the bundle.
- Create your event through your fan page for advantages like tracking stats. Don’t do it through your personal page.
3pm est – Nick Stephenson
At 3pm est we had Nick Stephenson presenting “Reader Magnets: Find your First 10,000 Readers (and keep them)“. We don’t want to spoil it for everyone by posting his tips, but rest assured, you do not want to miss his replay presentation.
5:30pm est – Derek Murphy
At 5:30pm est we wrapped up the day with favorite, and AMlive veteran speaker Derek Murphy who presented “Designing Your Own Best Selling Book Cover.”
An AMAZING second day. But tomorrow we just keep rolling along. Here’s the agenda for tomorrow. Grab a ticket and get on board.
Agenda for Wednesday, Jan 28
- We start the morning at 11am est with Brian G. Johnson. Brian is presenting a session called “Your Social Media Book Launch Army“.
- Then Lewis Howes comes in at 1pm est to talk about selling books in bulk in his presentation entitled “Selling Books In Bulk Plus How To Do Virtual Book Tours“.
- At 3pm est we have Adam Witty presenting “How To Quickly Write, Publish & Profit From A Book That Will Grow Your Business“.
- And at 5:30pm est we wrap up the day with Shelley Hitz who will present Marketing Your Book On Amazon: 7 Things You Can Easily Do For Free To Get More Exposure and Sales.”